Thursday 13 October 2011

Harris On the Edge - Concert series - Mayajaal Chennai!

It's undeniable that Harris Jayaraj is one of the most sought after music directors of today.... The man in all his simplicity knows how to captivate his audience by keeping the formula simple, yet retaining the magic...

More than 2 months back, when I received a call to be part of the show, I was elated! A few days later when I was told I was going to be singing 'Vaseegara', my happiness knew know bounds....
I've been singing this master-piece ever since school days.... My schoolmates I'm sure still remember how it all started with 'Zara zara'.... To be singing the same song with the man who created it on his show - Dream come true indeed!!

The entire rehearsals schedule was absolute fun with the entire musicians fraternity under one roof - Some of the finest musicians including Keith Peters on Bass, Naveen on Flute, Seenu on Mandolin, Steve and Josh on Guitars, Jeo on the Drums..... to all of us singers - Krish, Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Tippu, Harish Raghavendra, Haricharan, Devan Ekambaram, Aalaap Raju, Benny, the one and only KK and ofcourse the pretty ladies - Harini, Sunitha Sarathy, Suchitra, Andrea Jeremiah, Shweta Mohan, Ranina, Shalini and me..... It's so rare that so many of us get together, sing, laugh and make merry!

The energy all along... How each one cheers another, gives constructive feedback.... It's been a beautiful journey....


The last 3 rehearsals before the Chennai show were night long.... Although we had mosquitoes brazing us in open-air - our spirits were in an undaunted high! Devan got us in splits of laughter with his unbelievable mimickry! Haha. KJ Singh from the Sound mixing arena got us studio-like levels in our monitors....
The entire stage production team was unbelievably efficient - Super charged and sweet.....


Alas - on the D day - Everything went on smooth as butter.... No hiccups. Rarely do you witness stage production being so neat and coordinated!!


I had an absolute moment there crooning my ever favorite 'Vaseegara'....




*Bows* to Augustine Paul sir, my guru for training me so beautifully in Western classical - I sang all of the western classical bits that are so special in Harris's songs - Anbae en Anbae, Nenjukkul peiidhidum, Anjalae...


Thank you Harris sir.... Thank you 'On the Edge' team...


Looking forward to more excessively awesome shows to come all of this year and the next!!



Cheers!!

Come, Listen, Enjoy, Unwind, Laugh, Treat yourselves and Smile now.. More :)

2 comments:

  1. Like I said earlier, "Vaseegara" just blew everyone away! :) Everyone who has attended the concert can never forget that for sure!! :)

    Good luck for the rest of the tour!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking NLP training is like learning the language of your mind.
    NLP Certification in Chennai

    ReplyDelete