Monday 29 August 2011

The Kodai Trip with the MMA Choir

Performing with MMA Choir for the last 4 years has been an absolutely wonderful journey for me....

The pleasure of singing chorale music with 80+ dedicated fellow musicians every Monday under the irreplaceable guidance of conductor Mr. Augustine Paul equals absolute musical enrichment, joy and fulfillment...

Performing "Thank you for the Music" at Musical Montage 2010



The choir does concerts all over the world. We're invited to even perform in Olympics 2012!


Our most recent trip concert "Down Memory Lane" was at Kodaikanal on the invite of the Rotary Club Kodaikanal... We performed a whole bunch of pieces from Musicals such as Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera, Lion King... We did a Beatles medley and a lot of other familiar pieces and the audience enjoyed it in totality!

I couldn't possibly thank MMA and Augustine uncle for giving me a more perfect role to play in the choir. We signed of with the beautiful "Thank you for the music - Abba" - a song I love to bits. This was the first song I performed as a soloist in the MMA choir and I continue to even now.

Performing "Thankyou for the Music" at Museum Theatre, Chennai




We also performed several classical pieces at the humble St. Peters Church, Kodaikanal.

A few soloists and pianists also rendered handpicked pieces at the Kodai International School. The acoustics of the venue matches every classical performer's ideal dream! No mics.... Our voices and the divine sounds of the piano resonated so beautifully as we performed to such a tasteful audience!

Amongst the audience were 3 most adorable dogs with it's master that listened without a single bark all through the hour-and-a-half long concert! Unbelievably pretty!

Anupa Paul and I sang one of my most favorite duets written ever - Handel's "O Lovely Peace" from Judas Maccabeaus...
We had fantastic pianists from the choir performing works of Beethoven, Handel, Mozart, Schubert.... Felt like I was in Rome! Stunned at each one's prowess and love for this beautiful art.....


Back to Chennai after this lovely musical experience at Kodai.... We encountered a bus breakdown midway through. God just decided to be merciful to me. The van I was in made it to the station on time...

Here I am - back to the recordings, concerts, nlp, social media, learning measurement, sales, laughs and smiles mania in Chennai!






Life's good. Ride high and Smile at it :)



PS: Will put up pics of the performances soon after I get hold of them :)

3 comments: